We had our 39 week appointment today. My blood pressure was a little high so I am officially on maternity leave. I wasn't feeling too hot today, and I think my doctor could read that in my face. I was feeling hot, kind of light headed and a little jittery. Not sure if it was a busy day at work, or dealing with my car that got broken into over the weekend.
Yes, some idiot broke into my car, smashing my driver's side window and doing damage to the interior of the door as well as some dings on the exterior. The thief got away with my Garmin power cord, and was obviously after my Garmin. Luckily, I'm smart and I never leave the Garmin in the car. I found satisfaction in the fact that they didn't get the Garmin and that our neighbor found a bloody napkin, meaning whoever did the job most likely hurt them self. But dealing with the hassle of cleaning up all of the glass, getting the window replaced, and replacing the Garmin power cord has really irritated this already tired and cranky pregnant lady :)
Anyway, my doctor could sense that I wasn't feeling that great and with the blood pressure reading not being the best, she wrote me a note that said I am no longer to work. She also ran some labs on me to make sure my liver and kidney function were ok and we should get those results tomorrow. The doctor wasn't too concerned though, and was running the labs as more of a precaution.
She checked me and I have progressed since last week. She said I was 2-3 cm dilated and much more effaced. She really felt like we would have the baby this week...but offered no guarantees. So I'm looking forward to a relaxing week, some time to myself and some quality time with Brant before our lives are changed forever :)
5 month hiatus over?
15 years ago

Exciting! Hope your labs come back a-ok. Make sure and spoil yourself this week while you still can!
ReplyDeleteWahoo!! 2-3 cm dialated? You're almost at epidural time! :) haha, just kidding. I won't judge you if you aren't having one.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you're on maternity leave. Try to sleep, in between waddling to the bathroom every 5 minutes. It is the weirdest feeling NOT having to have to go to the bathroom all the time once the baby is born! You're almost there!