Sunday, December 13, 2009

36 weeks

One more month to go! I have a feeling this last month is going to drag on. Hopefully, with Christmas and New Years just around the corner, and weekly OB appointments, this last month will fly by. I doubt it will, but a girl can hope.
Here's a picture of my belly from last week. The ladies at work threw me a very nice baby shower. I received some very nice gifts and feel very blessed to work with such generous people.
I'm feeling pretty well for being 9 months pregnant. I've definitely slowed down, and I'm still experiencing back pains, but with a baby boy to look forward to in the next couple of weeks, the multiple bathroom trips and the waddling and the restless nights all seem so minor. We just can't wait for our baby boy to get here!
We found out some disappointing news on Friday. Brant had planned to take 2 weeks off when the baby came, which he had talked to his principal about and was given the ok. Unfortunately, he will only be able to take 3 days off, which will most likely account for when I'm in the hospital. I was really disappointed at first. I'm mostly sad for Brant that he'll have to go back to work so quickly and we won't get that family bonding time, but it will all be ok and he'll have plenty of time to bond. It'll be a quick adjustment for me, but I know I have plenty of help on both sides of the family that will be there to support us. On a positive note, when he told me this I didn't cry, which means I'm keeping my pregnancy hormones in check :)
Brant and I participated in a Childbirth Preparation class this weekend. There were about 25 pregnant couples at this class. Providence puts on some great classes and the teachers are wonderful. They use humor to keep the class entertaining and are very open minded and informative. I know Brant and I both feel more prepared after the class. Now we're just ready for this baby to get here!
Brant has students this week and then will have two weeks off for Christmas break. I'm planning on working up until I go into labor. That's the plan right now, but we'll see how I feel in a couple weeks :)

1 comment: