Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Waddler

I've started waddling. I didn't realize it until it was pointed out to me this weekend. It all started with my friend saying my walk had changed. I've gone down hill pretty fast the last couple of days in terms of waddling. Sometimes I catch myself doing it, other times, people point it out to me. I have to be honest, I never thought I'd waddle. But here I am, a waddler. I do think that I still walk fast for a pregnant lady, but I'm starting to realize I need to slow down. I get winded walking down the hallway, I feel out of breath just talking to people, I have a hard time making it up a flight of stairs without having to breathe out of my mouth. I guess it's time I slow down and enjoy the slower waddle of a pregnant lady.
I'm also getting really annoyed with my tendency to drop things. Anything I could possibly drop, I do, and then I have to debate whether it's worth it to bend over and grab whatever it is I dropped. Because let's face it, bending over is more exhausting than waddling. Sometimes I look at whatever I dropped and debate for a minute whether it's worth bending over to pick it up.
In more exciting news, my maternity leave was approved and I will get to stay home with the baby until Brant's school year is done. In total, I'll get to stay home with the baby for about 5.5 months. I'm really excited about this, but also nervous. That's a long time to live on one salary. I know we'll be able to make it work, but if you have any budgeting or cost cutting tips for people who already live pretty simply, let me know :) I'll go back to work late June, and then Brant will get to hang out with the baby all summer. It'll be a great bonding time for them and I can't wait to see Brant on full daddy duty. I know he'll be a great dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment