Monday, September 21, 2009

Hand Me Downs

After a disappointing Beaver loss topped with a Duck victory, I needed to get out and forget my football worries. Brant and I decided to head down to Mt. Angel to spend some time at the Oktoberfest. Our plan was to eat some German food and then spend the rest of the night in the Wine Garden. Little did we know it would cost $12 each to get into the Wine Garden. After eating some good food and doing some people watching (I wanted to tell the guy in the kilt that this was a German festival not an Irish or Scotish festival, but he looked a little rough, so I decided against it), we decided it wasn't worth the money to get into the Garden, especially since I wouldn't even be able to drink. We've turned into cheap-skates! It turned out ok though, since we got to spend a little more time in Silverton with my parents.
Sunday we went up to a little piece of heaven along the North Fork. Brant's parent's are building a cabin on some property up there, so Brant helped with the construction while us ladies supervised from the camp fire. It was great to spend some time with family this weekend. An added bonus, our 5 and 1/2 month old nephew Noah passed along to us a ton of 0-9 mos. old clothes. I peaked at them last night, but I can't wait to go through them and look at all of the adorable baby boy clothes. This baby boy is so blessed already!
On another note, Brant and I have decided on the full name of this little guy. We've always known what the first name would be if we had a boy, but the middle name has been up in the air. You'll just have to wait until he makes his arrival to find out his name though. We're keeping that a secret until he's here :)

2 comments: