Motherhood is a work in progress, that's for sure! I love it, and I'm learning so much, but I'm also learning that it's a hard job. Not hard in the exhaustion/lack of sleep/major life change kind of way, I'm handling all of that really well and am absolutely in love with Jack and our new life. Motherhood is hard in the things you have to do that make your kid unhappy and the worry that is now permanently a part of me. At our two week appointment the pediatrician told me to start giving Jack vitamin drops. He hates them! He gags on them, usually spits most of it out, and they are so stinky! I hate giving them to him and having to watch him suffer. Even if they're good for him, I hate to see him so uncomfortable. Also, I was completely procrastinating scheduling his two month appointment because he will get 4 shots and one oral vaccination. Ugh! I scheduled the appointment for a day that Brant will be able to attend so that he can be the strong one, because I'm sure I will cry. I bet the whole ordeal will be harder on me than it is on Jack.
And that's just the thing about being a mother that I didn't really prepare myself for that I will have to deal with for many years to come. Seeing my child in pain, whether it's physical pain, a broken heart, being bullied, anything that hurts him will make the mother bear in me want to protect him. I'm sure all mother's out there get that. It's an overwhelming feeling of love for this little person in my life now. A type of love I've never experienced until now.
Anyway, I'm sure you all are really here to see the pictures ;) Here are some pics from the last week. Jack is doing great. He has started losing his hair and is starting to look more and more like a little baby rather than a newborn. He's getting really good at hitting the animals hanging on his gym mat and bouncy chair. He also gives us really big grins every morning. It's the perfect way to start our day!
Here he is hanging out with Brant:
More tummy time:
You can see how much his hair is lightening in this pic:
Sorry for the flash in this pic, but I had to capture how Jack was smiling at himself in the mirror. I think he thinks he's pretty good looking ;)

Your blog is great as usual and we really enjoyed seeing you guys on Saturday. I got a couple of really good pics of Jack.
ReplyDeleteWow, 6-weeks already?? It is obvious you guys are head over heels for Jack! He is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDelete