Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jack - Four Weeks

Jack is four weeks old today! Four weeks! I can't believe it! I also can't imagine our lives without him now. We've had a great time this last week watching Jack's personality emerge, listening to him find his voice, and catching him smile more and more. This whole month has been so exciting, fun, and special.

We had a busy weekend this past weekend. We opened up a savings account for Jack on Saturday and then on Sunday we met with the priest at the church Jack will get baptised at in Silverton. Then we took Jack to see his Papa Bob and Grandma Karen. After lunch with the grandparents, we set off to a friend's Super Bowl party. Jack was held and loved on all day.

Jack's been sleeping fairly well at night, thanks to a white noise machine we started using last week. I think both Brant and I are sleeping better with the machine on too! There are different background noises you can listen to like the ocean, a heartbeat, the rain forest, and a summer night, but we've been listening to the rain setting. We've also been giving Jack a bottle at night that I've pumped, which seems to fill him up and keep him satisfied longer at night. It also helps that Jack and I always go back to sleep after Brant leaves in the morning for work, waking up usually around 9. Some nights are better than others, and I've felt the exhaustion that people talk about, but it's all worth it.

Here are some pics of Jack from this week:

After Jack's bath, we let his hair air dry. That is one fat curl on the top of his head.


A little smirk
Bath time!
Bouncy chair time

1 comment:

  1. You live in Oregon and you're listening to rain on a machine? What this boy going to think when he grows up:)

    ReplyDelete