Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jack - Five Weeks

Jack turned five weeks old yesterday! He's doing more and more every day including smiling at us, cooing, kicking his legs, following our voice, and all sorts of fun things. We've been reading to him more, doing more tummy time to build his core and neck strength, and listening to all sorts of music. He's not too interested in the books we're reading yet, but he really likes to hear our voice. One of the books I've been reading to him is "Goodnight Moon," which I read to him in the womb. It's so interesting how it will calm him instantly as I recite the book. He must recognize the rhythm of the book. Music also calms him fairly quickly. Brant likes him to listen to classical music, but I figure that's their thing. I usually put on soft rock in the morning, which Brant just rolls his eyes at. I don't want to limit his musical experience though ;)

We had a busy weekend last weekend, which included seeing both sets of grandparents together! It was hilarious watching them all pass Jack around. We also got to spend an extra day with Brant who had President's day off. It was nice to have an extra set of hands around and Brant just loves spending time with Jack. Watching Brant as a dad has probably been the coolest part of having Jack. He is such a good dad, and the bond between them is so strong. It makes me so happy to watch them together.

Here are some pictures from the past week. Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment