Friday, November 20, 2009

Slacker

I've been a lazy blogger lately. Sorry Internet.
It's Friday evening and I'm doing loads and loads of laundry. Being pregnant is so exciting sometimes :) Actually, I've been working in the nursery a lot this week. Putting things together, putting things in their place, nesting. It's been fun, and a lot of work now that I can barely bend over. Brant has been getting off pretty easy. I put together the crib and the stroller, not because he hasn't gotten around to it, but because I'm just not that patient.
Brant and I also went to an infant CPR class on Monday, which was really beneficial. Scary to think about, but I'm glad I have the skills if ever needed with any child. Tomorrow I'm taking a breastfeeding class in the morning and then Brant will join me in the afternoon for an infant care class. We're taking a weekend labor and delivery class in December too. Lots to do in the next 7 weeks! Hopefully it will fly by!
And I'll leave you with this small story tonight. Today while picking up Buster at the vet for his 6 month exam, I experienced the overwhelming weepiness of pregnancy. I was sitting in the waiting room for the vet to bring me Buster and a mother and her grown son walked in with their elderly Black lab. The dog was an old gal, but she walked right up to me and put her head in my lap for a head rub. Such a sweet girl. Then I overheard the owner say that they were bringing her in to put her down. She was in bad shape and didn't have control of her bladder anymore. I sat there and watched her grown son cry as they took her back. He couldn't bear to say goodbye. So I sat there with this 20 something guy trying myself not to cry while his mom went to be with the dog. So heart breaking. And of course it took the vet forever to bring Buster out, so I had to keep looking up at the florescent lights trying to hold back the tears. I'm sure that dog lived a good life and she obviously had very caring owners, but it's still sad. So this afternoon, I watched as my parents picked up their new puppy from a lady at my work. He's an 8 week old Cairn Terrier and as adorable as a stuffed teddy bear. One family loses their best friend, and another one gains one. Oh, the pregnancy hormones and the soft spot in my heart for all critters were not a good mix today! Although, I think I would been just as emotional in a non pregnant state.
And on that sappy note, hopefully I'll have something more exciting to post about next time and maybe some pictures of my belly or the nursery, or something fun like that. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment