Tuesday, May 18, 2010

He's practically crawling...

Not really, but it seems like it. Jack has decided that rolling over is the coolest thing to do, so now he's rolling over from his back to his belly and then his belly to his back and then back to his belly. We have a whirling dervish on our hands, or a Tasmanian Devil as Brant called him last night. We set him down on his back on his play mat, and a second later he's off the mat and onto the rug about 3 feet away. And he's scooting a lot. He can definitely move now. It makes me excited, but nervous all at the same time! Gone are the days of putting him on his play mat and getting stuff done around the house while he lays quietly playing in one spot!
We tried out his Johnny Jumper, but I don't think he's ready for it. He thought it was pretty cool, but he didn't jump in it and he's probably a tad bit too small for it still. We'll try again next week. Having a contraption hanging from the door frame with my precious baby in it is a little nerve wracking though!
We haven't started the rice cereal yet. I just haven't had it in me and I'm debating whether he's really ready for it. I'd like to wait until he can sit up better. He's been in the Bumbo a lot and seems to be getting better at sitting up for longer periods of time assisted. He doesn't like to be reclined anymore so if he's in our lap he really likes to be sitting upright. I think we're entering a little of the 4 month frustration time period. He wants to be able to do things and sit up on his own, but he's just not quite developmentally there yet, so he gets frustrated. I hear it's pretty common. But he's still a really happy baby and so easy! Jack really thinks it's hilarious when I say "mamama" or "dadada" over and over again. Which just cracks me up too. And he's still the happiest boy in the world when he's being bounced up and down in our lap. Brant commented on how buff my arms are getting, and I can only attribute it to bouncy a big baby up and down on my lap for 5 hours a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment